Postdoctoral Appointee - NST Semiconductor Quantum Materials
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Location: Lemont, USA
- Job Number: 7199759 (Ref #: 416936)
- Posting Date: Dec 8, 2023
We are seeking independent and creative Postdoctoral candidates to join our multidisciplinary research team. The successful Postdoctoral Appointee will be highly motivated and have a strong track record. They will be responsible for conducting researches related to molecular engineering of semiconductor quantum materials with the goal of optimizing their electronic structures and optical properties. The successful candidate will perform advanced spectroscopic studies of the materials in magnetic and/or microwave fields at cryogenic temperatures. Candidates with strong background in quantum optics, nanophotonics, and cavity quantum electrodynamics are highly encouraged to apply.
The selected individual will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities and gain in-depth knowledge of the research frontiers in the fields of quantum materials and quantum optics. They will also have the opportunity to be a part of a world-class scientific team and involved in vigorous research programs.
- PhD degree completed within the last 3 years or soon to be completed; in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strong written and oral communication as well as data analysis skills.
- Strong skills in collaboration and ability to work independently.
- Ability to model Argonne’s core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity, and teamwork.
- A strong background in quantum optics, nanophotonics, or magneto-optical spectroscopy.
- • Hands-on experience with low dimensional semiconductor materials and their processing
- • Knowledge of RF/microwave device design and measurement
- • Previous experience in conducting measurements at cryogenic temperatures
- • Experience with semiconductor or spintronic materials
- • Knowledge of nanofabrication and the related simulation tools (COMSOL, FDTD etc.), as well as programing languages such as LabVIEW, Python, Matlab
Job FamilyPostdoctoral Family
Job ProfilePostdoctoral Appointee
Worker TypeLong-Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.