Post Doctoral Fellow - Neural Injury and Regeneration
- University of Wyoming, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bushman Laboratory
- Location: Laramie, WY
- Job Number: 7196564
- Posting Date: Nov 28, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
In addition to research, there are optional career development opportunities available for this post-doctoral fellow to gain teaching experience and/or work with industrial partners. The previous two post-doctoral fellows in the Bushman laboratory leveraged the research and teaching experience gained in the lab to achieve tenure track faculty positions.
This position offers the opportunity to perform innovative and impactful research within the very livable environment of Laramie, Wyoming. Laramie is a small college town of approximately 30,000 residents in the Rocky Mountains that is fun, safe, affordable and has outstanding access to outdoor recreational activities. Laramie consistently ranks near the top of small college towns in the United States for social environment, job opportunities, cost of living and academics.
Minimum qualifications include a PhD in biomedical sciences (or related field), experience in mammalian survival surgery and animal handling, experience in cellular and molecular biology methods, capability for data analysis and the ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) in English.
Desirable qualifications include experience in neural microsurgery, behavioral assessments of neurological function, electrophysiology, gene delivery, immunology, immunohistochemistry and microscopy.
Candidates can apply vis this webpage at postdocjobs.com or through the University of Wyoming employment portal. If applying through the University of Wyoming portal, navigate to:
- Navigate to "Job Listings" and search job identification number "233773"
Application materials should include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A cover letter (1 pg max) that discusses why the candidate is interested in this position and summarizes their experience as related to the minimum and desirable qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references
- Optional: a pdf of one of the candidates publications that best represents their experience that relates to the qualifications of this position
Questions may be directed to Dr. Bushman at [email protected].