Postdoctoral Scientist - Smidt Heart Institute (Chugh Lab)
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7195065 (Ref #: HRC1418903)
- Posting Date: Nov 16, 2023
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and niche care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your experience with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Director, Center for Cardiac Arrest Prevention (CCAP), the Research Fellow will be involved in new and ongoing projects at the CCAP. Funded by grants from NIH/NHLBI, the mission of the CCAP is to discover and implement novel clinical tools for prediction and prevention of sudden cardiac arrest, thereby reducing the burden of sudden cardiac death in the community CCAP. Unique opportunities to analyze existing data and publish papers. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs analyses independently or semi-independently. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and discuss the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex analyses throughout training period.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Doctorate (MD) plus clinical cardiology/clinical electrophysiology sub-specialty clinical training for at least two years.
- 1 year experience acquired thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and
objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment
- Should have written and published scientific papers.
- Has demonstrated aptitude to ask research questions and successfully published papers and/or had grants funded.
- Able to perform moderate lifting.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to read papers and online documents.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Smidt Heart Institute (Chugh Lab)
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00