- University of Missouri, Columbia
- Location: Columbia, MO
- Job Number: 7194768 (Ref #: JOBID 49171)
- Posting Date: Nov 17, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: $60,000-80,000
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Duties and Scope Include:
• Conduct studies using novel recombinant proteins to modulate the immune response to prevent cell, tissue, and solid organ graft rejection.
• Perform islet isolation, assessment of quality and function in vitro, and transplantation under the kidney capsule, intraportal, or gonadal fat pad.
• Participate in the generation and use of humanized mouse models to assess the efficacy of lead immunomodulatory protocols to prevent rejection of human islets or stem-cell-derived beta cells in humanized mice as a prelude to clinical translation.
• Immune monitoring using flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy.
• Additional duties include preparation of scientific publications, assistance with grant applications, and providing technical and teaching/training support to graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and technicians in the program.
100% On-site work.
Hiring Range: $60,000 – 80,000 annually
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
• Ph.D., M.D., or D.V.M. Candidates with BSc or MS with extensive microsurgical skills will also be considered.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in performing microsurgery in rodents with a focus on islet transplantation.
• Experience with the transplantation of solid organs, heart or kidney is highly desirable.
• Experience with immunohistochemistry.
• Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry and immune cell functions, such as mixed lymphocyte reactions.
• Experience with DNA techniques and mammalian tissue culture.
• Effective oral and written and interpersonal communications skills as well as proficiency in word, excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software.
Please e-mail your curriculum vitae and list of three references with contact information to [email protected]
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts.
For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits