Post Doctoral Associate [Med-Medicine - (23007634)]
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
- Job Number: 7191406 (Ref #: 23007634)
- Posting Date: Nov 4, 2023
Postdoctoral Associate in Computational Biology/ Statistical Bioinformatics at the Vascular Medicine Institute (VMI), Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated postdoctoral associate to work on exciting projects that aim to analyze high-throughput omics, imaging, and clinical data from both public databases and UPMC. The successful candidate is expected to develop computational algorithms/ pipelines for both understanding disease mechanisms and patient diagnosis/ prognosis. The research topics include but are not limited to, cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, stem cells, and regenerative medicine. The candidate’s own research interests can also be considered after open discussion. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and initiating collaborations with the VMI researchers.
The Okawa lab offers a unique research environment. We are highly interdisciplinary and collaborative and the candidate will be interacting with experimental/ clinical researchers at the VMI. The novel hypotheses generated from the computational work may be tested by experiments.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, image processing, data science, physics or a related discipline
- Strong computational skills (demonstrable project in the relevant field)
- A first-author publication record in the relevant field
- Strong motivation to successfully complete projects
- An opportunity to do computational research into biomedical problems within a dynamic research environment and in collaboration with experimental/clinical researchers
- Access to high-performance computing clusters
- A supportive environment
- A salary on a university-standard basis
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit hr.pitt.edu/contact-ohr to learn more.