Postdoctoral Fellow - Andrei Ivanov Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7190842 (Ref #: ccf19381768)
- Posting Date: Nov 2, 2023
We have an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow position in the Dr. Andrei Ivanov Laboratory in the Department of Inflammation and Immunity at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute. Individuals with experience and interests in studying epithelial barriers, intercellular junctions, cell migration, actomyosin cytoskeleton and gut inflammation are encouraged to apply. A highly motivated candidate will join a productive research team to participate in NIH funded projects focusing on the roles of the actin cytoskeleton, myosin motors, and upstream cytoskeleton-targeting signaling cascades in disassembly and reformation of tight and adherens junctions and wound healing in the intestinal epithelium during mucosal inflammation and repair.
The Ivanov lab uses large variety of experimental systems including model intestinal epithelial cell monolayers, knockout and transgenic animal models and tissue samples from human patients with inflammatory bowel diseases. Ph.D. degree or equivalent with relevant laboratory experience is required. The candidates should have a publication record demonstrating on-hand molecular biology and cell biology expertise. Familiarity with epithelial cell culture, Western blotting, immunofluorescence labeling/ microscopy, and basic RNA based methods (quantitative PCR and FISH), is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in CRISPR/Cas9-dependent gene editing, lenti- retro- or adenoviral systems for cDNA and shRNA delivery or working with human and mouse intestinal organoids. Dedication, critical thinking, and ability to work independently are very important. The appointees will be expected to take advantage of this career opportunity to develop skills in manuscript writing and grantsmanship.
Principal Investigator: Andrei Ivanov, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation and Immunity
Lab Research Topics:
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/inflammation-immunity/ivanov/ or contact Dr. Ivanov at [email protected] .
- Cell biology
- Epithelial barriers
- Intestinal inflammation
- Wound healing
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Confocal microscopy
- Gene knockout and overexpression
- Human and murine intestinal organoids
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Animal models of colitis
- Cell migration
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Ivanov at [email protected].
- Contact information for three references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.