Research Associate II - Klein Lab - Guerin Children's
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7189270 (Ref #: HRC1414348)
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2023
Join Dr. Ophir Klein and his team as a Research Associate II in Guerin Children's!
The Klein Laboratory is seeking a Research Associate II to join the team and support innovative research initiatives.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects.
The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Research Associate II will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The Associate will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-today lab operations and routine procedures.
- Establishes effective working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity/experience with IACUC compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in science field required
- One (1) year of research laboratory experience required
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization. Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and the ability to work across disciplines and functional units.
- Must have computer application experience.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and maintain attention to detail.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Klein Lab - Guerin Children's
Department: Childrens Health Institute
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14