Postdoctoral Research Scholar, Biodesign Center for Environmental Health Engineering
- Arizona State University
- Location: Tempe, AZ
- Job Number: 7180161
- Posting Date: Sep 18, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Arizona State University: Office of the Executive Vice President Knowledge Enterprise: Biodesign Center for Environmental Health Engineering
September 18, 2023
The Center for Environmental Health Engineering in the Biodesign Institute is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate. The research will focus on analyzing chemical and biological agents of interest using gas and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry, high resolution mass spectrometry, and quantitative polymerase chain reaction. Environmental sample matrices of interest include raw wastewater and biological tissues from animals and humans.
The Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University was launched in 2004 and is focused on providing opportunities for postdoctoral research fellows to develop skills in critical thinking and lab management, while pursuing projects of lab interest.
For additional information regarding ASU, the Biodesign Institute, and the Center for Environmental Health Engineering, go to: http://about.asu.edu/ and https://biodesign.asu.edu/.
Essential duties include:
• Develop methods using LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS and qPCR • Develop extraction protocols for various matrices
• Participate in data handling and reporting for various partners
• Maintain laboratory safety and ensure compliance with QA/QC programs
• Create standard operating procedures and participate in laboratory management activities
• Work as a team to meet research goals
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Analytical Chemistry or related field completed within the last five years
• Experience with LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS and qPCR techniques
• Experience with data analysis for HRMS instrumentation
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Current driver’s license or ability to obtain within 3-months of hire
Applicants are responsible for including a cover letter, CV, and the names of three professional references in their application through the Interfolio website. Emailed applications will not be accepted. Please submit applications at http://apply.interfolio.com/132126.
The initial application deadline is October 13, 2023 and will be on a rolling deadline. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 Vaccination - Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.