Key Job Responsibilities
The Clinical Research Associate I works directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, or Research Nurse to coordinate and/or implement the study. Evaluates and abstracts research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives. Responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB. Provides limited patient contact as needed for study and assist with study budget and patient research billing. Ensures compliance with all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator or Research Nurse to coordinate/implement study.
• Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source documents.
• Ensures compliance with protocol and overall clinical research objectives.
• Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
• Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
• Provides supervised patient contact or patient contact for long term follow-up patients only.
• Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) including submission of Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
• Assists with clinical trial budgets.
• Assists with patient research billing.
• Schedules patients for research visits and research procedures.
• Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
• Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
• Participates in required training and education programs
- Highschool Diploma Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
1 year clinical research experience preferred
- Able to perform moderate lifting. Working Title:
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to read papers and online documents.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Clinical Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute (Dr. Makkar)Department:
Heart Institute OperationsBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$19.50 - $29.87