Postdoctoral Research Scientist - Smidt Heart Institute
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7176832 (Ref #: HRC1367215)
- Posting Date: Sep 5, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and niche care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your experience with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and sophisticated laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
• May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
• Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
• Performs routine and sophisticated laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
• Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
• May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, DVM, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization
Technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives acquired through one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
Demonstrated ability to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment
Lifting, standing, sitting for periods of time
Working Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist - Smidt Heart Institute
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 10 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00