Research Associate I Per Diem - Cokic Lab - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7176023 (Ref #: HRC0372798G)
- Posting Date: Sep 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Ivan Cokic, PhD, is looking for a Research Associate I Per Diem to join the Biomedical Imaging Research Institute!
The Cedars-Sinai Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) is an interdisciplinary research program established in 2010 to develop and apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies to today’s most pressing translational research and clinical questions. The BIRI team is dedicated to educating and training the next generation of the brightest imaging scientists and clinicians through our robust pre-/post-doctoral and visiting-scientist training programs. In addition, we have numerous research collaborations with leading imaging researchers. To learn more, please visit Biomedical Imaging Research Institute | Cedars-Sinai.
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results. Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery. Observes safety standards and procedures. The Research Assistant I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in a science related field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- No experience required. Understanding of general research objectives.
- Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills and recommends solutions.
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
Working Title: Research Associate I Per Diem - Cokic Lab - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
Department: BMS - BioMed Imaging Res Inst
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$19.50 - $29.87