Clinical Research Associate I - Cancer Clinical Trials Office (Rad/Onc)
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7175861 (Ref #: HRC0996186B)
- Posting Date: Aug 31, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Clinical Research Associate I will work directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, or Research Nurse to coordinate and/or implement the study. Evaluates and abstracts research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives. Responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB. Provides limited patient contact as needed for study and assist with study budget and patient research billing. Ensures compliance with all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefits package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of care we strive for.
What will you be doing:
- Works with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator or Research Nurse to coordinate/implement study.
- Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source documents.
- Ensures compliance with protocol and overall clinical research objectives.
- Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
- Provides supervised patient contact or patient contact for long term follow-up patients only.
- Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) including submission of Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- Assists with clinical trial budgets.
- Assists with patient research billing.
- Schedules patients for research visits and research procedures.
- Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Works directly with a radiation oncologist, medical physicist, and/or biostatistician to perform clinical research studies.
- Designs forms for data collection/abstraction. Performs data collection/abstraction.
- Processes clinical data using a range of computer applications and database systems.
- Performs data searches and other related administrative tasks.
- Assists with research protocol writing and development.
- Minimum - High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Sociology or related degree
- 1 year of Clinical Research Related Experience
Working Title: Clinical Research Associate I - Cancer Clinical Trials Office (Rad/Onc)
Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$23.39 - $39.76