A postdoctoral associate position is available for highly motivated candidates under the direct supervision of a Faculty Scientist working on a variety of projects dealing with acute and chronic effects of ionizing irradiation on small animals.
Projects may include:
• Protective role of genetically engineered (second-generation) probiotics delivering IL-22, IFN-ß, and other gene products.
• Role of Senescent cells in cancer and other diseases.
• The radiobiology of Fanconi Anemia mice with DNA repair defects.
• Role of novel tyrosine kinases in the mechanism of radiation pulmonary fibrosis in mouse models.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Candidate must have 2 years experience of laboratory experience.
Candidate must have Ph.D., or M.D.
- Candidate may attend one meeting a year if presenting data.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Performance of Molecular Biology and Cell Biology techniques such as cell culture, PCR, etc.
Animal care such as breeding, mouse injections, and mouse irradiation.
Lab clean up.
Visit join.pitt.edu and View Requisition Number 23005839 to apply.