Postdoctoral Research Associate (Intestinal Biology & Mucosal Immunology)
- University of Illinois Chicago
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Number: 7175108
- Posting Date: Aug 30, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Department of Pediatrics
University of Illinois Chicago
About the University of Illinois Chicago
UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent Best Colleges rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
Postdoctoral Intestinal Biology & Mucosal Immunology
We are searching for highly motivated postdoctoral researchers with an Ph.D. or MD/PhD in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field obtained within the last 10 years to join our team. The ideal candidates should be familiar with cell biology, molecular biology and immunology research, but those without prior experience will also be considered. The position involves conducting specialized experiments focused on intestinal inflammation and regeneration, mucosal immunity, the microbiome, and inflammatory bowel disease. The trainees will collaborate with a talented group of researchers and work on exciting and NIH-supported research projects aimed at understanding the mechanisms underlying these areas. The position offers excellent training opportunities, and the candidate will independently plan, direct, and execute advanced research experiments using cutting-edge in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro techniques, such as scRNAseq, organoid culture, multi-omics data and metabolic analysis, 16S RNA sequencing, multiple channel RNAscope in situ hybridization, and various genetically modified mouse model and gnotobiotic mouse model. The ideal candidates should be self-motivated, curious, and interested in working collaboratively with the team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher to advance their career in the field of intestinal biology and mucosal immunology.
* Conduct specialized and advanced research experiments using in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro techniques.
* Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge in the area of intestinal biology and mucosal immunology.
* Collect, evaluate, and analyze data and summarize research findings.
* Present data in meetings and publish results in research journals.
* May supervise research staff and be responsible for laboratory operations.
* MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field obtained within the last 5 years.
* Familiarity with molecular biology and immunology work, and experience using mouse models is preferred.
* Knowledge of common molecular biology techniques is required.
* A strong track record of relevant publications is desired.
* Curiosity, self-motivation, and the ability to work collaboratively with other members in the team are essential.
* Collegiality, respect, and social skills are a must for this position.
We welcome motivated candidates without prior experience in these areas, but with a strong desire to learn. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a talented team in a dynamic research environment. We offer excellent training opportunities, and you will gain invaluable experience.
For fullest consideration apply at https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/1031?c=uic. Upload CV, Cover Letter, and contact information for minimum of three references.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters (https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/one.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=5705) to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf).
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation