Research Associate I, Merchant Lab
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171782 (Ref #: HRC1261697A)
- Posting Date: Jul 25, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Akil Merchant, MD is looking for a Research Associate I to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The Merchant Laboratory is studying how tumor cells interact with their microenvironment and how this interaction contributes to the development and maintenance of cancer. Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate II (RA II) performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings.
The RA II will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The RA II will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of
new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelors in Science Related Field
Sitting, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing
Working Title: Research Associate I, Merchant Lab
Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$19.50 - $29.87