Community Research Associate (Per Diem) - Elders Preserving Independence in the Community (EPIC)
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171765 (Ref #: HRC1316474)
- Posting Date: Jul 26, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Remember when you said you wanted to make a difference? Here's your chance.
Dr. Harriet Aronow focuses on improving health care and health outcomes for older adults. The Elders Preserving Independence in the Community (EPIC) is funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). This study will compare the effectiveness of an in-home preventive healthcare program delivered by nurses to on-site health and wellness classes for older adults living in low-income independent housing. The project seeks to compare how each option maintains or improves health and functional independence in low-income older adults, with the goal of limiting dependency, moves to nursing homes, and the use of costly health services, while improving health behaviors and promoting the use of preventive health and appropriate community services.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The incumbent should have an interest in research, community outreach, and public health. Under general guidance, the Administrative Research Associate III works closely with PI/study leadership, providing technical and/or administrative support in large or multi-project oriented departments. May be requested by Project PI to take on specific supervisory activities of other Research Associates performing the same function, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. May develop data collection processes and assist in planning steps for the investigative process. Will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. Coordinates all lab and/or clinical activities, including but not limited to, data collection, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for collecting research data in the community, and administrative tasks associated with scheduling and completing research interviews in community settings.
- Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Participates in recruitment events and health fairs to increase participation.
- Organizes clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as co-author.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Leads and trains Research Assistants, Research Fellows, lower-level Research Associates, and other related support staff.
- Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day operations and procedures.
- Collects research data for study in community settings around Los Angeles.
Department-Specific Licenses and Certifications:
CITI training will be completed during departmental orientation.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in biological science, social sciences, public health, or related field required. Master's degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Three (3) years of research experience are required. Two (2) years of experience in research specialty preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Bilingual/Multilingual is desirable but not required.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to analyze and interpret information and/or data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented.
- Learns new tasks quickly, self-motivated, works well independently with minimal direction as well with others, and is able to multitask.
- Ability to research, develop and implement new laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of human resources, administration policies and procedures, and budgetary requirements and policies.
- Flexibility with travel and scheduling, if necessary.
Working Title: Community Research Associate (Per Diem) - Elders Preserving Independence in the Community (EPIC)
Department: Dept of Nursing Research
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$25.73 - $43.74