Clinical Research Associate II - Smidt Heart Institute Chugh Lab
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171748 (Ref #: HRC1338159)
- Posting Date: Aug 8, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and niche care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
The Clinical Research Associate II works directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, or Research Nurse, or Principal Investigator to coordinate and/or implement the study and may serve as the point of contact for the external sponsors. Evaluates and abstracts research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives.
Responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB. Provides limited patient contact with research participants as needed for study and assist with study budget and patient research participant research billing. In addition, the CRA II may coordinate activities, training, and education for other Clinical Research Associates. Ensures compliance with all federal, local, FDA, IRB, and HIPAA guidelines and regulations pertaining to the study and patient care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with a Clinical Research Coordinator,Research Program Administrator, Research Nurse, or Principal Investigator to coordinate/implement study.
• Evaluates and abstracts clinical research data from source documents.
• Completes Case Report Forms (CRFs).
• Enters clinical research data into Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) that are provided by the sponsors.
• Provides supervised contact with research participants or contact for long term follow-up research participants only.
• Assists with regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and works closely with supervising research staff or directly with the Institutional Review Board to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines
• Assists with clinical trial budgets.
• Schedules research participants for research visits and research procedures.
• Responsible for sample preparation and shipping and maintenance of study supplies and kits.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board. Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
• Participates in required training and education programs. May be involved in training and education of other Clinical Research Associates.
• Serves as the point of contact for external sponsors for select trials.
• Coordinates activities of other associates to ensure compliance with protocol and overall clinical research objectives.
• Participates in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
• May participate in the development of Investigator Initiated trials for Investigational New Drug applications and/or Device applications
- Highschool diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
No license required
- SOCRA or ACRP certification preferred
- 1 year clinical research related experience required
- Able to perform moderate lifting.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to read papers and online documents.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Clinical Research Associate II - Smidt Heart Institute Chugh Lab
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14