Postdoctoral Scientist - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171745 (Ref #: HRC1346402)
- Posting Date: Aug 8, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) is seeking Postdoc Scientist researchers for projects in cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR), under the supervision of Prof. Yibin Xie. The successful applicant works with the investigators at BIRI to make creative contributions to research projects in the field of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) with a focus on the development and application of novel image acquisition, reconstruction, and analysis approaches. The position also involves limited administrative and teaching responsibilities. To learn more, please visit Biomedical Imaging Research Institute | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Dr. Li and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in the preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing and developing software tools for image reconstruction in MATLAB, Python, and/or C++.
- Performing and developing software tools for image post processing and analysis.
- Developing and testing pulse sequence software on Siemens and/or Bruker scanners.
- Developing machine learning models in TensorFlow and/or PyTorch.
- Designing and performing imaging experiments in human and/or animal subjects.
- Scientific literature review, manuscript writing and conference presentations.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within the area of specialization.
- Demonstrated creative contributions to research projects involving technical computer programming is preferred.
- High level of proficiency in scientific computing using Matlab, Python or C++ is preferred.
- Prior experience with imaging research is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge of safety standards, as well as operations and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
Department: BMS - BioMed Imaging Res Inst
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00