Postdoctoral Scientist - Jones Lab - Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171740 (Ref #: HRC1341107)
- Posting Date: Aug 8, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Michelle Jones, PhD, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join her lab!
The Cedars-Sinai Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics (CBFG) is an integrated, interdisciplinary research group established in 2016, with the common goal of developing end-to-end research workflows for genomic and high-throughput functional analysis of patient samples. Led by director, Simon Gayther, PhD, the primary goals of the CBFG are to establish a research nexus that integrates leading-edge developments in computational sciences, next-generation genomics and epigenomics, and to use functional biology to improve our understanding of disease etiology applied to personalized health. To learn more, please visit Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
In this role, the Postdoctoral Scientist will be expected to work independently under the direction of Dr. Jones and in close cooperation, as well as consultation with other research staff, to drive research projects focused on generating and analyzing proteomic datasets including bulk, single-cell and spatial genomic data. The Postdoctoral Scientist will perform advanced bioinformatic analysis as well as laboratory research as needed focusing on the generation of next-generation sequence data from patient samples and disease models. he Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals and submissions for career development, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the P.I.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct computational and wet lab biologic research focused on proteomics.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records of experiments and analyses.
- Present research at internal meetings, institutional seminars and external conferences.
- Provide training to junior team members and supervision, where appropriate.
Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization required.
Experience and Skills:
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within the area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Highly motivated with a proven track record of publications.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of safety standards, operation, and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Jones Lab - Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics
Department: BMS - Bioinfo & Func Genomics
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Part-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00