Postdoctoral Scientist - Bright Lab
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
- Job Number: 7171732 (Ref #: HRC1347752)
- Posting Date: Aug 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Postdoctoral Scientist in the Bright Lab at Cedars-Sinai will conduct research to advance the ethics of artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms and models in ways that respect human values, with a special focus on health equity and reducing health disparities. In the Bright Lab we use advanced data science methods, including AI and machine learning, to develop, implement, and refine AI models that provide insight into healthcare disparities and recommend strategies for more equitable care. Our work centers on the development and application of innovative algorithms for detecting and correcting for bias in AI algorithms and models.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• May assist in the preparation of grant proposals,but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
• May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
• May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
• Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
• Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
• May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
· Acquired thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
· Experience with biomedical machine learning and/or equity in AI preferred.
· Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within the area of specialization.
· Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
· Knowledge of safety standards.
Sitting, standing, reaching, walking
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Bright Lab
Department: Computational BioMedicine
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00