Research Associate II - Surgery
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171730 (Ref #: HRC1343330)
- Posting Date: Aug 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. From working with a team of committed healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything necessary do something incredible—for yourself and for others.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science related field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- At least one (1) year of research laboratory experience in the area of research specialization is required.
- Excellent organization good problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work closely and effectively within a team environment, with the ability to work well independently on specified projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers and other scientists in the research team as well as with the administrative team within the Center.
- Superior technical and theoretical understanding of research objectives and have the ability to research, develop and implement new laboratory procedures and protocols.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Surgery
Department: Home Dept - Gewertz
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14