Postdoctoral Scientist, Dr. Sean Li
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171729 (Ref #: HRC1291700)
- Posting Date: Aug 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Summary: Key Job Responsibilities
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other
Research Scientist, the Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout
training period in the field of cancer biology. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and
protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Responsible for designing
experiments, assembeling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for
generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary duties and responsibilities in order of most significance.
• May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
• Responsible for the designe of experiments in cooperation with the mentor.
• Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results
with the mentor.
• May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
• Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, or
an area directly related to field of research specialization, with demonstrable
laboratory experience in drug discovery and natural products research, and in
vivo mouse models for antitumor efficacy and pharmacology.
Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
Demonstrable laboratory experience (1-4 years) in drug discovery and natural
products research, in vivo mouse work, antitumor efficacy, and pharmacology,
with some experience in molecular biology, tumor cell biology, microbiology,
and protein purification and production.
Requires high degree of manual and finger dexterity
Involves extensive sitting for long periods of time.
Involves frequent walking throughout the institution
Involves working irregular hours
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist, Dr. Sean Li
Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00