Research Associate II - Lahiri Lab
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171727 (Ref #: HRC1348672)
- Posting Date: Aug 11, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
The Research Associate II works under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator’s Project Manager to capture data on observational research studies. You will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the endpoint coordination process, to include, but not limited to; contacting participants and family members by mail and phone to collect crucial questionnaire data, consent forms, medical records, death certificates, autopsy reports and other documents vital to validate study endpoints. Other responsibilities include processing and cleaning data, participating in weekly operational staff meetings, preparing and presenting routine progress reports for internal meetings, Institutional Review Board (IRB) and grant submissions. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Crucial job duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary contact and responds to incoming telephone calls, emails and written correspondence from study participants, contacts, and next-of-kin, then details these interactions by completing and processing the appropriate forms and enters summary information in the electronic participant files.
- Coordinates the mailing of study endpoint(s) form letters, questionnaires, and consent forms to the participants/next-of-kin, contacts medical facilities for medical records and follows up with non-respondents via telephone. Uses all available resources to locate participants, next-of-kin, and/or contacts to confirm contact information and/or collect study data.
- Performs sensitive telephone interviews with deceased participant’s family members to gather more information regarding circumstances surrounding death or if next-of-kin requests a telephone call instead of a mailed questionnaire.
- Creates, prioritizes, and prepares endpoint charts for review by the study investigators. This process involves scanning the endpoint record, bookmarking important procedures/tests, highlighting keywords, uploading the file to an electronic adjudication system for review and tracking the workflow to ensure each case is reviewed in a timely manner.
- Updates and maintains endpoint database(s) to track all aspects of the follow-up process.
- Reviews and verifies completed data forms, as well as rectifies data discrepancies.
- Prepares and presents progress reports for routine meetings, as well as assists with IRB and grant submissions as needed.
- Creates and maintains study procedures, manual of operations, data collection forms, instructions, and all other pertinent study material.
- Aides in all aspects of PRE-DETERMINE clinical site activities, by responding to study related inquires via phone and email.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences required.
Two (2) years of laboratory experience. Understanding of general research objectives. Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization. Applicant must be highly motivated and able to work independently. Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company fields and functional units, and computer application experience. Must possess digital literacy to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details.
Position requires working with microscopes and computers for extended periods of time and the use of niche laboratory equipment. Must be able to sit, stand and/or stoop for long periods. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Lahiri Lab
Department: Dept Chair - Neurology
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14