Research Associate I - Martins Lab
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171718 (Ref #: HRC1350799)
- Posting Date: Aug 15, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Gislaine Martins, PhD is looking for a Research Associate to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Research in the Martins Laboratory focuses on the molecular regulation of immune responses, particularly the mechanisms regulating T lymphocyte function. We are interested in identifying pathways that can be harnessed to manipulate T lymphocyte function and potentially interfere with ongoing immune responses associated with chronic inflammatory conditions. To learn more, please visit: Martins Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai (cedars-sinai.edu).
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives Dr. Martins research lab. The RA-I assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies, and files and monitors documents. The RA-I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Bachelors Degree in a science related field required.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in biochemistry and flow cytometry is preferred. Understanding of general research objectives.
- Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software.
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
Working Title: Research Associate I - Martins Lab
Department: BMS - General
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$19.50 - $29.87