Research Associate III - Lahiri Lab - Department of Neurology
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171712 (Ref #: HRC1340892)
- Posting Date: Aug 17, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Shouri Lahiri, MD is seeking for a motivated Research Associate III to join his team!
The Research Associate III works closely with PI providing technical and/or administrative support in large or multi-project oriented labs. The incumbent may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. The incumbent may develop hypothesis and assist in planning steps for the investigative process and will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study. This position coordinates all lab and/or clinical activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. This role is not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Organizes clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author.
- May make independent presentations.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Leads and trains Research Lab Assistants, Research Fellow, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff and may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
- Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
1. Animal Surgical Area: Ensure animal surgical surfaces and equipment are clean and organized. Ensure animal surgical area is compliant with all CSMC and Comparative Medicine policies and procedures.
2. Ensure pharmaceuticals are dispensed per protocol, appropriate supplies maintained, secured and disposed of according to established policies and procedures.
3. Performs intubation, mechanical ventilation, vascular catheterization and line placement for physiological monitoring in rats and mice.
4. Works collaboratively with biomedical imaging staff to obtain advanced cerebral and systemic physiological imaging.
5. Performs stereotaxic surgery technique, including cisternal infusions, on rats and mice.
6. Tail vein and retroorbital injection in mice, oral lavaging the rodents and mice; vaccination and survival studies an measure the permeability constant using quantitative auto radiography.
7. Cutting-edge histology/imaging techniques including quantitative bright-field and fluorescence microscopy, confocal microscopy is required.
8. Performs routine biomedical experimental protocols including immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, ELISA, and neuronal cell culture.
Bachelor's degree in a Science related field is required.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in area of research specialization.
- Technical skills and expertise in an area of study including, but not limited to, Molecular/Cellular Biology, Neuroscience, engineering, or mass spectometry.
- Experience in cutting-edge histology/imaging techniques including quantitative bright-field and fluorescence microscopy, confocal microscopy, and electron microscopy is required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint) and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
Ability to handle small laboratory animals, sit and stand for long periods, use microscope and other laboratory equipment, and lift at least 20 pounds.
Working Title: Research Associate III - Lahiri Lab - Department of Neurology
Department: Dept Chair - Neurology
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $90,900.00