Research Associate I - Chen Lab - Lung Institute
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171708 (Ref #: HRC1343280)
- Posting Date: Aug 18, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Peter Chen, MD is looking for a Research Associate I to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
About the Role
Working under direct supervision, the incumbent performs a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. The RA I member assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies, files and monitors documents, and keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results. The Associate assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery, observes safety standards and procedures. The incumbent will perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science related, required.
- Master's degree in Biomedical Science or Neurology, preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- Solid understanding of database management, personal computers, and presentation/imaging software.
- Experience with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization is preferred.
- Computer literacy, specifically, with Excel and Word.
Sitting, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing
Working Title: Research Associate I - Chen Lab - Lung Institute
Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$19.50 - $29.87