Postdoctoral Scientist - Klein Lab
- Cedars Sinai
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7171698 (Ref #: HRC1356547)
- Posting Date: Aug 22, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
• May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
• May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
• May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
• Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
• Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
• Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
• May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization - required
No license or certification required
1 year of experience, acquired thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
Lifting, standing, walking.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Klein Lab
Department: Childrens Health Institute
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00