Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Pharmaceutics with a focus on Nanomedicine, Nanomaterials, and Drug Delivery
- Oregon State University
- Location: Portland, OR
- Job Number: 7163172
- Posting Date: Aug 23, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are located at the SW Waterfront of the Robertson Life Sciences Building in Portland, OR that houses scientists from OSU, OHSU, and PSU. Research in our lab heavily involves interdisciplinary collaborations, including clinicians.
Dr. Taratula is dedicated to helping his team members advance their careers and become independent scientists.
To receive full consideration, interested applicants should send cover letter, their CV, research summary describing your immediate and long-term research accomplishments and goals (optional), and contact information for three references to Dr. Olena Taratula at [email protected]. https://www.taratulalab.com/
Synthesize and characterization of novel materials (inorganic nanoparticles, polymers, dendrimers, lipids, and organic macromolecules) for nano-delivery vehicles.
Nanomaterials characterization and evaluation in vitro and in vivo.
Work in a team of undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs in the lab.
15% Reports, Manuscript, & Proposal Preparation:
Maintain detailed records of data obtained in the laboratory. Prepare reports and manuscripts. Assist in proposal preparation.
5% Laboratory Maintenance:
Maintaining critical laboratory equipment, lab inventory, and overseeing lab safety.
Minimum or Required Qualifications
• PhD in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline.
• Ability to analyze data effectively and communicate in both written and spoken English.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Experience with nanoparticles preparation and characterization, evaluation, or working with animals
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
• Experience in evaluating drugs and imaging agents’ efficacy in animal models is highly preferred
• Experience in drug delivery and nanomedicine is preferred
• Experience in the synthesis of inorganic nanomaterials /or synthetic polymer chemistry is preferred
• Background in biology, biochemisty, inorganic/organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, and /or lipid chemistry
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
Position appointment percent:
Anticipated appointment begin date:
November 1, 2023
Anticipated appointment end date:
October 30, 2026
Full consideration Date: Review of applications will begin September 30, 2023 and continue until the position is filled