Research Fellow - Nephrology & Hypertension - OR
- Mayo Clinic
- Location: Rochester, MN
- Job Number: 7163082
- Posting Date: Aug 22, 2023
- Application Deadline: Oct 22, 2023
In addition to an R01 grant, Dr. Hassan’s research has obtained several other prestigious awards/grants (including an NIH fast-track STTR grant and an NSF Phases I & II STTR grants to achieve further pre-clinical milestones towards commercialization of these novel peptides). Substantial resources are in place for this work. Potential for independent work and publications exist.
The candidate will need to have the following to be successful:
* A doctoral degree with a background in cell biology, molecular biology, or a similar field. MDs with extensive bench research experience will also be considered.
* Prior experience with animals is highly preferred – training can be provided
* Experience with basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques
* Desire to learn new skills and perform meticulous work
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
The following is required for completeness of application:
* Current curriculum vitae with bibliography
* Proof of doctoral degree (copy of diploma or final transcript with English translation, if applicable) or a letter from your university's Registrar office indicating you have fulfilled all doctoral program requirements and are eligible to graduate.
Please also be prepared that you may be asked to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to an interview.