Postdoctoral Fellow – Jennifer Yu Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7161171 (Ref #: ccf18855330)
- Posting Date: Aug 3, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the Yu lab which focuses on cancer stem cell biology and mechanisms of therapeutic resistance at the Cleveland Clinic. Cancer stem cells reside in different niches including the perivascular and hypoxic niches. Our laboratory is interested in uncovering molecular mechanisms by which stemness in maintained in these different niches. We focus on glioblastoma, a primary brain tumor, and brain metastases. To this end, we utilize a combination of molecular biology and mouse modeling approaches. Because Dr. Yu is a physician-scientist, we aim to translate our research to the clinic. Applicants must have a PhD in cancer biology or related field and be highly motivated. For more information about our laboratory, please visit our website: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/cancerbio/yu/. Interested applicants should send their application to [email protected].
Principal Investigator: Jennifer Yu, MD, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cancer Biology
Lab Research Topics:
- Cancer stem cells
- Signal transduction
- Non-coding RNAs
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/cancerbio/yu/ or contact Dr. Yu at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Formulate and test hypotheses
- Drug screening experience is helpful
- Bioinformatics experience is helpful
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Glioblastoma, Brain tumor, Cancer stem cells, Hypoxia, Radiation, Microbiome, Signal transduction, lncRNA, Migration, Invasion, Drug screen, Therapeutic resistance
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.