Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- University of Oklahoma
- Location: Norman, Ok
- Job Number: 7160935 (Ref #: if116370)
- Posting Date: Aug 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Two-year Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Research and Educational Facility and the School of Chemical, Biological, and Materials Engineering at the University of Oklahoma
We are seeking candidates for a new postdoctoral position in the Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Research and Educational Facility at the University of Oklahoma. The position will consist of:
(1) Working on a project entitled “Ligand-grafted hollow fiber membrane platforms for in-line purification for cost-effective biopharmaceutical manufacturing” (~70%), and
(2) Implementing and evaluating some of the new technologies at that facility and/or assisting with laboratory courses, and other activities related as needed (~30%).
The postdoc will work directly with professors and will mentor undergraduate students in the School of Chemical, Biological, and Material Engineering at the University of Oklahoma. The recruited postdoc is expected to start on August 16st, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
• A PhD in chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, or related fields.
• Research experience in membrane separation, particularly in the synthesis and separating measurement of hollow-fiber membranes.
• Experience in the production of recombinant proteins in bacteria.
• Experience in the purification of recombinant proteins.
• Strong analytical, quantitative, and writing skills.
• Publication record commensurate with career stage.
• Willingness to mentor undergraduate students on the project and/or to, along with the research assistant professor, instruct students on equipment operations.
• Highly organized and proactive.
• Ability to work independently.
• Research experience in polymeric functionalization / grafting.
• Experience with bio-manufacturing equipment/instruments.
Applicants are asked to submit the following items here:
1) A comprehensive cover letter not to exceed 3 pages; the cover letter may address examples of how the candidate meets the required and preferred qualifications and their approach to building and working in inclusive teams.
2) A current C.V.
3) Three letters of recommendation.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately upon receipt. For full consideration, applications should be received by August 16, 2023 although the position will remain open until filled. Please contact Dr. Bui ([email protected]) and Dr. Harrison ([email protected]) if interested.