APPLIED POST DOC FELLOW
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7160048 (Ref #: hlj_48400)
- Posting Date: Jul 25, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Training in Behavioral Oncology Program - Postdoctoral Fellow
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
T32 Program webpage: https://moffitt.org/education/research-education-and-training/office-of-postdoctoral-affairs/training-grant-programs/behavioral-oncology/. Interested applicants should visit our website if they would like to learn more about the training program, the Program Mentors, and the application process (we have a subpage that lists all of the Program Mentors with links to their Moffitt Researcher Profile).
- Diverse faculty and transdisciplinary environment
- Trainees linked with a mentoring team
- Support for further training and professional development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- $2500 NIH annual childcare benefit
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for external grants
- All postdoctoral trainees have access to numerous resources provided by Moffitt’s Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Ideal Candidate:
- Individuals highly motivated to pursue career in behavioral oncology research, broadly defined.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with an interest in cancer prevention and early detection, sociocultural issues in cancer prevention and control, disparities in cancer care and outcomes, quality of life and symptom management in cancer survivors, energy balance, psychosocial and behavioral aspects of cancer genomics and genetics, nicotine dependence and tobacco control, and health system and provider aspects of cancer prevention and control.
- Record of peer-reviewed publications, including first authorships
- Participate in mentored research training and T32 program activities
- Acquire a basic understanding of the prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer
- Acquire an understanding of major areas of study in behavioral oncology
- Gain expertise in methodologies needed to conduct behavioral oncology research
- Critically review and evaluate research in behavioral oncology
- Acquire an understanding of fundamental issues regarding the responsible conduct of research
- Formulate a novel research question in behavioral oncology and design a methodologically sound study and grant application to answer the question
- Be knowledgeable about career opportunities and pathways in behavioral oncology research
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Terminal degree (PhD, EdD, ScD, DPH, MD) in social science, behavioral science, nursing, education, public health or medicine
- Must be U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team members) and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you!
Please visit the following website for application instructions:
You may send application inquiries and curriculum vitae to:
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 USF Magnolia Drive
Tampa, FL 33612-9497
OR e-mail: [email protected]
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.