Post-doctoral Position, Stem Cell Biology, CRISPR-screening, Liver Disease/Cancer Research - Mattis Laboratory
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Job Number: 7160008
- Posting Date: Jul 24, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Mattis Laboratory https://mattislab.ucsf.edu/ uses state of the art methods in stem cell biology to understand human liver diseases and mechanisms in liver cancer. Our focus includes metabolism, cellular stress, obesity, epigenetics, bioinformatics and most importantly iPSC-hepatocyte differentiation with CRISPR screening technologies. We are seeking one or more highly motivated and talented Postdoctoral candidates with a strong background in bench working experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology. Bioinformatics is a plus but not required.
Position available immediately.
• The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, with a Ph.D., MD, or both and research background in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, and Cell Biology. Bioinformatics is a plus.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong knowledge of literature.
• Previous experience in the fields of metabolism, diabetes, and pathways a plus.
• Out-of-the-box and independent thinkers! Looking for self-starters with a career focus and can work efficiently.
What You’ll Need:
Ph.D., M.D., or MD, PhD.
Proven track record of high-quality publications and motivation.
At UCSF we value PRIDE values:
P - Professionalism: To be competent, accountable, reliable and responsible, interacting positively and collaboratively with all colleagues, students, patients, visitors and business partners.
R - Respect: To treat all others as you wish to be treated, being courteous and kind, acting with utmost consideration of others.
I - Integrity: To be honest, trustworthy and ethical, always doing the right thing, without compromising the truth, and being fair and sincere.
D - Diversity: To appreciate and celebrate differences in others, creating an environment of equity and inclusion with opportunities for everyone to reach their potential.
E - Excellence: To be dedicated, motivated, innovative and confident, giving your best every day, encouraging and supporting others to excel in everything they do.