Postdoctoral Fellow – Xiaofeng Wang Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7159780 (Ref #: ccf18787240)
- Posting Date: Jul 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Wang Lab is recruiting a machine learning/artificial intelligence postdoc in medical image and clinical data fusion in the Department of Quantitative Health Sciences at Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute. The postdoc will be involved in the development of innovative approaches and applications of computational and machine learning methods, from clinical data set integration to statistical analysis and deep learning. The lab utilizes several open-source programming environments, including R and Python. The goal is to improve phenotypic classification and prediction of treatment outcomes in Patients with cardiovascular diseases. We use large cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (cMRI) data and clinical EHR data sets to advance therapies and our understanding of diseases.
Principal Investigator: Xiaofeng Wang, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Quantitative Health Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Clinical machine learning models
- Real-world data (RWD) and real-world evidence (RWE)
- Causal inference
- Medical informatics
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/quantitative-health/wang/ or contact Xiaofeng Wang at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Proficient in R/Python and data science
- Comprehensive knowledge of biostatistics and modeling
- Designs and deploys machine learning/artificial intelligence models
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Experience in machine learning/deep learning with medical imaging (MRI, CT, etc)
- Experience in data integration and big data analytics
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Xiaofeng Wang at [email protected].
- Cover letter
- Research statement
- Contact information for three references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Machine Learning, Medical Imaging, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Biostatistics, Radiomics, Prediction, Modeling, MRI, Python, R, Coding
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.