Postdoctoral Fellow – Weiqiang Javier Chen Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7159034 (Ref #: ccf18753337)
- Posting Date: Jul 14, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Javier Chen’s laboratory in Infection Biology Program, Cleveland Clinic, Main Campus, is seeking self-motivated postdoctoral fellows with a background in virology, or closely related fields to be part of a dynamic team working to understand the viral pathogenesis and inflammation.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be a PhD, MD/PhD, or MD with experience in molecular/cell biology and in experimental animals. Candidates with demonstrated experience in virology and bone biology/immunology will be preferred. This training position, under the direct supervision of a Cleveland Clinic Principal Investigator will provide practical training and experience in a research setting. This position is appointed through the Lerner Research Institute. The successful candidate will work in a NIH-funded laboratory that studies the cellular and molecular pathogenic mechanisms of arboviral disease pathogenesis and inflammatory viral arthritis. The successful candidate will benefit from a dynamic and highly collaborative environment and the opportunity to interact with the extended scientific community at Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute.
How to Apply: For more information about current research projects in the lab, and/or to be considered for the position, please send 1) a cover letter describing prior research experiences, future research interests, career goals, and estimated start time; 2) CV, including a list of scientific publications, and the contact details of at least two referees in a single PDF to [email protected]. Salary will be according to NIH scale and commensurate with experience.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Weiqiang Javier Chen, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Infection Biology
Lab Research Topics:
- Bone biology
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/infection-biology/chen/ or contact Dr. Javier Chen at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Conduct independent research required by faculty supervisor to a high standard and in accordance with all institutional and federal regulations.
- Plan, organize, perform, and monitor daily project protocols
- Provide supervision and guidance to junior technicians, students, and researchers.
- Assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- BSL2+ and BSL3 Lab/Animal experience
- Experience with animal disease models
- Demonstrated track records of research publications
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Javier Chen at [email protected].
1) A cover letter describing prior research background, future research interests, career goals, and estimated start time.
2) A CV, including publications and contact information for 3 referees.
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Infection Biology, Virology, Immunology, Inflammation
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate's actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate's work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic's benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.