Postdoctoral Fellow in Medicinal Chemistry for Cancer Drug Discovery
- University of Michigan
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Number: 7153742
- Posting Date: Jun 7, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Tomasz Cierpicki, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, to develop small molecule inhibitors for targeted therapies in cancer. We are seeking for highly motivated synthetic organic chemists and medicinal chemists to join a comprehensive drug discovery program. Dr. Cierpicki lab. is conducting highly interdisciplinary research focused on pre-clinical development of novel anti-cancer drugs, which covers medicinal chemistry, structural biology, biochemical and biophysical assays, biological and animal studies. We have a strong team of synthetic chemists to support our drug-discovery efforts. The successful candidate will be involved in designing and synthesis of small molecule inhibitors targeting proteins as potential anti-cancer agents with a major focus on synthesis of heterocyclic compounds targeting protein-protein interactions relevant to cancer. The duties will include design and synthesis of new analogues of existing leads to develop biologically active compounds for testing in cancer cells and animals. The candidate must be independent in designing synthetic routes, solving challenging synthetic problems, efficient in synthesizing targeted molecules, including multi-step synthesis.
Applicant must have PhD in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry and be a first author on at least 2-3 publications. This position requires extensive experience in designing synthetic routes for new classes of compounds, solving challenging synthetic problems, SAR analysis. Applicant needs an expertise in using HPLC, NMR and MS for organic chemistry applications. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
How to apply
Please submit cover letter, CV, and contact information for 2-3 references combined into one PDF file by e-mail to: [email protected]
Contact: Tomasz Cierpicki, PhD, Professor
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
e-mail: [email protected]
1. Listunov D, Linhares BM, Kim E, Winkler A, Simes ML, Weaver S, Cho HJ, Rizo A, Zolov S, Keshamouni VG, Grembecka J, Cierpicki T. Development of potent dimeric inhibitors of GAS41 YEATS domain. Cell Chem Biol. 2021 (12):1716-1727
2. Shukla, S., et al., Small-molecule inhibitors targeting Polycomb repressive complex 1 RING domain, Nat Chem Biol, (2021) Jul 17 (7).
3. Klossowski S, et al. Menin inhibitor MI-3454 induces remission in MLL1-rearranged and NPM1-mutated models of leukemia. J Clin Invest. (2020), Feb 3;130(2):981.