- Murthy laboratory U.C. Berkeley
- Location: Berkeley, CA
- Job Number: 7150908
- Posting Date: May 27, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: 64,000$-75,000$
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The details of the new projects in the Murthy laboratory are described below.
(1) Next generation lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) for mRNA delivery. This project involves the chemical synthesis of new classes of lipids and their analysis for mRNA delivery after incorporation into LNPs.
(2) New strategies for targeting mRNA to diseased tissue. This project involves expressing recombinant proteins that can target diseased tissues and self assembling them with mRNA.
(3) Transfection of the microbiome. This project involves the development of devices or delivery vectors that can transfect the microbiome of mice and cows with oligonucleotides, plasmids or other biomolecules.
Candidates need to have significant experience with either mammalian cell culture, recombinant protein expression, small molecule organic synthesis or have experience with developing machine learning algorithms and computer programming.
For more information about the Murthy laboratory please visit: https://murthylab.berkeley.edu.