Research Postdoctoral Fellow (MD)
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7147344 (Ref #: 15938-en_US)
- Posting Date: May 26, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Trauma Quality and Outcomes Fellowship is designed to provide a comprehensive experience for post-doctoral trainees interested in pursuing an academic career in pediatric trauma. The fellow will work with established faculty mentors in the David E. Wesson Trauma Service to develop expertise in scientific research and process improvement. This would include identifying key problems in pediatric trauma; gathering and analyzing the current evidence and literature; and developing/implementing clinical research studies and process improvement projects with a focus on quality. The fellow will also have the opportunity to complete a master's degree in clinical research or master's in public health. The fellow will participate in institutional quality and safety forums and will have the oppportunity to participate in clinical trauma call at the medical center to gain additional experience and personal growth in the management of pediatric trauma and to afford a clinical foundation for ongoing quality efforts.
- Works with established faculty mentors in the David E. Wesson Trauma Service to develop expertise in scientific research and process improvement.
- Identifies key problems in pediatric trauma.
- Gathers and analyzes current evidence and literature.
- Develops and implements clinical research studies and process improvement projects with a focus on quality.
- Participates in institutional quality and safety forums.
- Participates in clinical trauma call at the medical center.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com