- University of Louisville
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Job Number: 7143498
- Posting Date: May 3, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: $54,840.00/annually
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking for a highly motivated individual to join the NIH funded research programs to study plant exosomes-gut microbe-host interactions. The research program integrates brain biology, Immunology, and extracellular microvascular biology with an emphasis on molecular and cellular mechanism underlying how plant exosomes contribute to brain function via gut/brain/liver axis. The successful candidate will work with a team of scientists with genetic, imaging and multi-omics approaches. The candidate will have access to cutting-edge imaging, genetic and gene knockout models/facilities to understand mechanisms of plant exosomes mediated enhancing brain function.
• MD and/or Ph.D. in a relevant field and have training in cell and molecular biology, Nanotechnology, and/or brain biology.
• Experience in molecular biology, brain biology, flow cytometry, Nanotechnology, mouse work including survival surgeries, histology/immunohistochemistry, confocal and multiphoton imaging.
• Candidates with experience in flow cytometry, next generation sequencing, and bioinformatics will receive special consideration.
• A publication track record with written and verbal communication skills.
• Prepared to collaborate on multidisciplinary research projects.
• The ability to supervise research trainees and/or technicians.
• The ability to communicate effectively with faculty, postdoc and students of all levels.
See lab website: https://louisville.edu/medicine/departments/microbiology/about/faculty/zhang