- Rutgers University
- Location: Piscataway, NJ
- Job Number: 7143257
- Posting Date: May 2, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: 55000+
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Conduct laboratory research in neuroscience projects
- Design and perform experiments; collect and analyze data
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Engage in scientific communication and training of junior lab members
- A recent M.D. or Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, chronobiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related fields in biomedical sciences
- At least two first-author research papers
- Experience in behavioral neuroscience, e.g., mouse social behavior tests, depressive-like behaviors, stereotaxic mouse brain surgery, etc.
- Experience in molecular and cellular neuroscience, e.g., neuronal or brain slice culture, protein or RNA work, cellular signal transduction, confocal or two-photon microscopy, electrophysiological recordings (intracellular or whole-cell patch-clamp), viral-mediated gene silencing, etc.
- Experience in bioinformatical analysis of omics data (RNA-seq, Ribo-seq, proteomics, etc)
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, GraphPad Prism, etc.
- Excellent scientific writing and communication skills in English
Postdoc salaries will be based on the NIH scale or higher, commensurate with merits and negotiable. The lab has an excellent track record of postdoctoral training. Former postdoctoral trainees in the lab successfully published in prestigious journals such as PNAS, Neuron, and Molecular Psychiatry.
Rutgers University is ranked among the top 20 public universities by U.S. News. The campus is located at the center of the Northeast corridor, with access to New York City, Philadelphia, and the New Jersey shore within an hour’s drive. The region is home to world-class universities, numerous pharmaceutical and biotech research facilities, and corporate headquarters. Piscataway and the surrounding areas in Central New Jersey offer vibrant and diverse cultural activities, excellent public and private schools, and opportunities to live in urban, suburban, or small-town settings within a short distance of campus.
To apply, please send a letter of intent, CV with a list of publications, names, and emails of three referees to Dr. Ruifeng (Ray) Cao at [email protected]. The positions are open until filled.
罗格斯大学医学院神经分子生物学实验室招聘博士后, 博士研究生和访问学者。该实验室 (https://med.umn.edu/bio/ruifeng-ray-cao)主要应用转基因和基因敲除小鼠模型进行蛋白质翻译调控和神经信号转导在脑疾病（创伤性脑损伤，自闭症, 抑郁症等）和生物钟中的分子机制研究。该实验室培养的博士后近期以第一作者相继在PNAS, Neuron, 和 Molecular Psychiatry发表文章。博士后申请者应当在近期内获得博士学位，以第一作者发表过高水平SCI论文。有生物化学和分子生物学或分子神经生物学研究背景者优先录用。硕士或博士研究生申请者应当托福机考达到总分79分，写作21分，阅读19分，GRE成绩合格可推荐进入本校的硕士或博士研究生项目学习，获得全额奖学金资助，毕业后获得博士（Ph.D.）学位. 访问学者申请者要求发表过SCI论文, 有分子生物学或小鼠疾病模型研究基础者优先录用。感兴趣者请发送简历和求职信给Dr. Ruifeng (Ray) Cao ([email protected])。罗格斯大学是全美最佳公立研究型大学之一， US news全美公立研究型大学排名20位, 大学地理位置优越，临近纽约、费城和华盛顿。