Technical Business Development Specialist - Early Career
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Job Number: 7139373 (Ref #: 689322)
- Posting Date: Apr 11, 2023
- $107,800 *Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate's experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential. What Your Job Will Be Like: The Academic Programs organization is seeking a Technical Business Development Specialist to help develop partnerships with academic institutions. In this role, you will work closely with both internal and external partnership leaders. You will participate in development and implementation of long-range objectives by identifying strategic issues that could affect research, mission and partnerships growth and performance. You will build internal and external briefs and presentations on strategy, needs, status, and trends that help achieve our goals. This team is responsible for our University Partnerships Network, Postdoc Office, and Faculty Loan programs. On any given day, you may be called on to: + Facilitate communications and initiatives between internal and external partners + Develop success metrics and tools for the program and provide reporting on results + Provide project planning and management + Cultivate internal and external partnerships + Establish partnership engagement plans + Evaluate mission opportunities for further engagement and develop technical value propositions An expectation for this role is that the selected candidate will spend an initial period of six months to one year working on-site three days/week the remainder remote to gain knowledge of the organization’s operations and resources at Sandia. Qualifications We Require: + Bachelor's degree in a relevant field OR equivalent combination of education and experience in a high tech, government, or academic business development environment + Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE security clearance Qualifications We Desire: + Master's or PhD in a relevant field + Experience in one or more of the following areas: Business, program, or project planning and management, Customer relationship management techniques, Success metrics development and reporting + Record to succeess in a cross-disciplinary team + Experience integrating with a spatially dispersed team + Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills + Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management + Business development experience in Science and Technology related fields About Our Team: Sandia National Laboratories' Academic Programs organization has a focus on institutional relationship with universities. This activity includes the University Partnerships program, the Postdoc Office and the Faculty Loan Program. The latter two programs are focused on enhancing the experience of post-doctoral appointees at Sandia and encouraging exchange of personnel of knowledge and capabilities between Sandia and universities, respectively. The University Partnership program is the largest activity and encompasses the Academic Alliance Partnerships, National/Regional Partnerships, and START HBCU programs encouraging institutional relationships with key universities. Our team is committed to cultivating environment compatible with a broad group of people and perspectives in accordance with the changing makeup of the workforce. In support of this vision, our center actively recruits applicants from diverse groups of backgrounds and cultivates an inclusive community.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs: + Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide + Extraordinary co-workers + Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world + Career advancement and enrichment opportunities + Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home) + Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance* World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted. Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law. Position Information: This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years. Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance. Job ID: 689322
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.