Marie Sklodowska-Curie Future Roads Postdoctoral Fellow (Fixed term)
- University of Cambridge
- Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Job Number: 7139127
- Posting Date: Apr 10, 2023
- Application Deadline: Jun 16, 2023
Research will be primarily based in at least one of the following areas, applied to road infrastructure: Digital twins, Smart materials, Data science, Automation and robotics, Sustainability.
The key responsibilities and duties are to (1) devise, implement, and test solution(s) that address the aim of the programme; (2) disseminate outcomes and author reports; (3) develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research; (4) conduct individual and collaborative research; (5) write up research work for presentation and publication.
The posholders will be expected to (1) attend secondments with industrial and academic partners;(2) attend the programme's training sessions; (3) Report to and present research methods and outcomes in management meetings and annual workshops; (4) plan the use of research resources, laboratories, and workshops as appropriate; (5) plan and manage own research activity in collaboration with others.
The skills, qualifications and experience required for the role are (1) A PhD degree (2) Specialist knowledge with sufficient breadth/depth in one or more of the areas relevant to the programme (3) Good communication skills.
Applicants do not need to have postdoctoral experience. Evidence of having fulfilled all requirements for a PhD degree must be supplied on application, either through supply of a PhD certificate or confirmation letter from the awarding institution.
For information on salary, refer to the document HR7_Further Particulars.
Applicants must be available to start their fellowship as close as possible to the planned start date in December 2023. They also must comply with the MSCA Mobility rule (explained in the Guide for Applicants on the programme website (https://drf.eng.cam.ac.uk)).
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 34 months or until 30 September 2026, whichever comes sooner.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you upload:
1. Merged as one document: (i) cover letter (1 page), (ii) CV (maximum 2 pages), (iii) publication list (maximum 2 pages)
2. Project description & plan (using the template provided)
3. Degree certificates (merged as one document)
4. Ethics form (using the template provided)
These should be uploaded in the upload section of the online application. Any additional documents which have not been requested, will not be considered as part of your application. Submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
The topics for smart materials:
• Whole-life zero carbon roads: capital and operational decarbonization of road materials.
• Future-proof rads: data-driven materials for durable and climate-resilient pavements
• Zero waste roads: capitalizing on existing materials and eliminating the mining of natural resources
• Maximizing road life: smart materials and sensors to extend the life of existing assets.
• Automated roads: potential for 3D printing in future roads construction and maintenance
• Smart earthworks: soil for all seasons and harnessing excavation soil and construction materials
• Energy harvesting roads: how much energy can we harvest in our roads?
• Nano-inspired roads: role of nanomaterials in the delivery of low-carbon smart future roads
• New materials roads: designing with the end in mind, using the right materials in the right place
• Oil-free asphalt for future roads: sustainable materials for flexible road pavements.
Please contact Professor Abir Al-Tabbaa ([email protected]) for further information.
If you have any questions, you can also contact [email protected]
Please quote reference NM35935 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
Application here: https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/40087/