- University of Illinois College College of Medicine
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Job Number: 7135900 (Ref #: 1017327)
- Posting Date: Mar 23, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: 40K
- Application Deadline: Jun 13, 2023
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be able to follow, refine, and improve the experimental procedures required for completion of the assigned experiments and aims.
• Follow the responsible conduct of research. Conduct research experiments honestly and with great attention to details, and follow established schedule and lab procedures.
• Ensure compliance with regulations and make records of observations and scientific measurement.
• Perform complex data collection and laboratory techniques, evaluation and analysis requiring use of independent judgment.
• Maintain accurate experimental records including all the reagents and chemicals, and protocols being used, and provide general lab support as needed.
• Propagate, maintain, analyze, and trouble-shoot mouse models of human diseases.
• Formulate and conduct scientific experiments and analyses. Performs complex data collection and laboratory techniques. Analyze and evaluate test and research results.
• Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods, procedures and techniques.
• Develop and write advanced, comprehensive experimental protocols.
Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
• Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
• Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
• Assist the Principal Investigator, project collaborators, and other lab personnel with research and educational activities to advise students on methods and procedures.
Cooperate with researchers to conduct the assigned experiments.
• Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
• Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
• BA/BS in science or related field.
• A minimum of three years related research experience.
• Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
• Proficient in specific research techniques
• Master’s degree in science preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in neuroscience, molecular and cellular biology or related biomedical fields.
• Ability to handle and care for laboratory mice.
• Experience and knowledge in handling, maintaining and analyzing transgenic and/or knockout mouse models of human diseases.
• Willingness to work together cooperatively and facilitate collaborative research projects.
For fullest consideration please submit your application by 4/10/2023 at:
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters at: https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/one.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=5705 to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation at: https://jobs.uic.edu/request-and-accomodation.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com