START HBCU Business Development Specialist - Experienced
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Job Number: 7135354 (Ref #: 688998)
- Posting Date: Mar 21, 2023
- $172,300 *Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate's experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential. What Your Job Will Be Like: Are you passionate about business development, creating academic partnerships, and enhancing Sandia’s diversity and inclusion efforts? You could be the Technical Business Development Specialist we are seeking to support Sandia’s Securing Top Academic Research and Talent (START) program with our partner Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)! In this role, you will work closely with both internal and external partnership leaders in development and implementation of long-range objectives to impact research, mission, and partnerships. You will scan the environment and utilize competitive intelligence to monitor national and international issues related to Sandia National Laboratories' mission. You will create internal and external briefs and presentations on strategy, needs, and trends, and create qualitative insight reports that identify key findings and segment audiences by opportunity. On any given day, you may be called on to: + Facilitate communications and initiatives between internal and external partners + Develop success metrics and tools for the program and provide reporting on results + Provide project planning and management + Cultivate internal and external partnerships + Establish partnership engagement plans + Evaluate mission opportunities for further engagement and develop technical value propositions An expectation for this role is that the selected candidate will spend an initial period of six months to one year working on-site at least three days/week (remainder remote) to gain knowledge of the organization’s operations and resources at Sandia. Qualifications We Require: + Bachelor's degree in a relevant field plus five (5) years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience in a high tech, government, or academic business development environment + Experience in one or more of the following areas: + Business, program, or project planning and management + Customer relationship management techniques + Success metrics development and reporting experience + Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance Qualifications We Desire: + Master's or PhD in a relevant field + Consistent record of success in a cross-disciplinary team + Experience communicating and coordinating with a geographically dispersed team + Excellent verbal and written communication skills + Experience working with HBCUs + Passion for engaging in diversity outreach and development + University partnerships experience + Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management + Business development experience in Science and Technology related fields + Active DOE Q security clearance About Our Team: As a part of Sandia National Laboratories’ Chief Research Office, the Academic Programs organization includes our Sandia University Partnerships Network program, the Corporate Postdoc Program Office, and the Faculty Loan Program for Joint Appointments. The latter two programs are focused on enhancing the experience of post-doctoral appointees at Sandia and encouraging exchange of personnel, knowledge, and capabilities between Sandia and universities, respectively. The University Partnership program is the largest activity and encompasses the Alliance, National/Regional, and START HBCU programs focused on advancing our partnerships with key universities with a goal to build an innovation pipeline through partnerships that facilitate access to talent, ideas, and R&D facilities. Our team is committed to cultivating an environment compatible with a broad group of people and perspectives in accordance with the changing makeup of the workforce. In support of this vision, we actively recruit applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultivate an inclusive community.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs: + Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide + Extraordinary co-workers + Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world + Career advancement and enrichment opportunities + Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home) + Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance* World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted. Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law. Job ID: 688998
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com