Postdoctoral Researcher or Assistant Research Professor in Geomorphology
- Desert Research Institute
- Location: Reno, NV
- Job Number: 7134649 (Ref #: R0135355)
- Posting Date: Mar 17, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: Min $60,000
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
• U.S. citizenship per sponsor requirement to work on DOD installations
• Ph.D. in appropriate field (e.g., Geology, Earth and Environmental Science, Geography, Geotechnical or Geological Engineering) from an accredited institution
• Experience conducting geomorphic research with a background in fluvial systems.
• Knowledge of fluvial systems, processes, and landforms
• Potential to publish in peer-reviewed journals
• Potential to secure external research funding
• Demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team
Assistant Research Professor – Postdoctoral Researcher Requirements Plus:
• One-year postdoc or professional experience conducting geomorphic research with a background in fluvial systems
• Demonstrated ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals
• Demonstrated ability, or strong potential to secure external research funding
• Demonstrated experience working on applied geoscience research projects
• Demonstrated experience applying analytical and/or modeling approaches to quantify fluvial processes at the watershed scale
• Experience and/or interest producing surficial geologic maps and map products
• Strong record of obtaining competitive federal funding (e.g., NSF, USGS, USDA, NASA, etc.)
• Strong record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Conditions of Employment
• Ability to travel for fieldwork, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
• Due to security requirements associated with accessing essential project sites and information, ALL applicants MUST be citizens of the United States
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum annual salary for the postdoctoral researcher is $60,000 and the minimum annual salary for the Assistant Research Professor is $82,000. Salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications. Recruited postdocs may have continued appointment (assessed annually for up to a maximum of three years dependent upon performance and availability of funding. This position is eligible for DRI’s benefits package and relocation assistance. Benefit summaries and relocation assistance details can be found at: https://www.dri.edu/careers/
DRI is a recognized world leader in basic and applied environmental research. Committed to scientific excellence and integrity, DRI faculty, students who work alongside them, and staff have developed scientific knowledge and innovative technologies in research projects around the globe.
Since 1959, DRI’s research has advanced scientific knowledge on topics ranging from humans’ impact on the environment to the environment’s impact on humans. DRI’s impactful science and inspiring solutions support Nevada’s diverse economy, provide science-based educational opportunities, and inform policymakers, business leaders, and community members.
With campuses in Las Vegas and Reno, DRI serves as the non-profit research arm of the Nevada System of Higher Education.
Please upload the following documents in the specified section:
• A cover letter detailing how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you to succeed in this role within ITAP and at DRI.
• A current curriculum vita.
• Contact information for three professional references who will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process based on applicant permission.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately and provide all required attachments to receive full consideration. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received, or a hiring decision has been made.
For more detailed information about DRI and DRI faculty, research projects, and publications, please visit us at www.dri.edu. For questions regarding this position or assistance with your application, please call the recruiting office at 775-673-7431.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com