Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK
- Job Number: 7128023
- Posting Date: Mar 14, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: $54,840-$66,600
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The appointee will work on the elucidation of the mechanism of Radiation-induced immune suppression using a combination of immunology, molecular biology, and genetics/genomics approaches. The project will focus on T cell development, inflammation and immunity and would need knowledge in variety of immunological assays and biological systems. The project is translational and highly collaborative.
• A recent graduate with a PhD in Immunology or a related field
• A strong publication record
• Ability to design and conduct experiments independently
• Ability to work with others as a team
• Required to read new publications and write manuscripts and fellowship applications.
• Present their research at national and international meetings.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Experience with mouse models and cellular immunology.
• Radiation biology or stem cell biology
• Experience with advanced molecular biology or biochemical techniques such as single cell RNA seq, CRISPR-Cas9 technology, genomics and/or proteomics
While funding will be provided for this position, the appointee will be encouraged to write and apply for outside funding in order to help career development.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter highlighting prior experience and CV to [email protected]
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com