Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7126678 (Ref #: hlj_43529)
- Posting Date: Feb 27, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology
A postdoctoral position is available in Dr. Lixin Wan’s group at Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Molecular Oncology.
The research in Dr. Wan’s lab is focused on protein post-translational modifications, including ubiquitination, acetylation, methylation, and phosphorylation. We are interested in understanding how these modifications are misregulated in tumor cells, tumor-infiltrating immune cells, and tumor-interacting stroma cells. We are also interested in developing next-generation techniques to characterize these modifications. Our current projects include the multifaceted roles of ITCH in melanoma and the melanoma immune microenvironment, the context-dependent functions of master cell cycle regulator APC/C in breast cancer and ovarian cancer, the crosstalk between tumor cell aneuploidy and innate immunity, and several others.
The lab uses a wide range of approaches in our projects: molecular biology, protein biochemistry, in vitro cell culture models, xenograft and syngeneic mouse models, genetically engineered mouse models, various CRISPR-based techniques, and genomic/transcriptomic/proteomic omics techniques. Our recent representative publications: Qing et al, Nature Communications 2019; Han et al. Nature Communications 2019; Dai et al. Cell Reports 2022. https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/lixin-wan/
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced in molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques including cloning, virus delivery system, CRISPR/Cas9 system, DNA/RNA manipulation, protein purification, and immunoblot.
- Animal handling, mouse modeling and small animal imaging experience.
- Basic imaging techniques including immunofluorescence, live color imaging.
- Basic bioinformatics skills.
- Previous experience in next-generation sequencing techniques (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc) and/or proteomics is a plus.
- Previous immunology experience is a plus.
- Work with PI on the project planning; design and conduct experiments independently; document and organize the data routinely.
- Learn and develop research techniques and lab protocols.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Work with collaborators and core facility staff on interdisciplinary experiments.
- Supervise research assistants and graduate students.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Genetics or related.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Lixin Wan ([email protected]).
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com