Postdoctoral Fellow – Ina Nemet Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7126152 (Ref #: ccf17830343)
- Posting Date: Feb 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Nemet lab focuses on understanding the communication between gut microorganisms and their host. In particular, we study how microbial metabolic pathways contribute to overall changes in host physiology, and cardiometabolic disease susceptibility. The laboratory works on identifying novel pathways of clinical relevance with mechanistic links to human diseases by use of metabolomics (mass spectrometry) and clinical studies in tandem with animal studies.
Candidates with experience in analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, targeted and untargeted metabolomics or a related field are encouraged to apply. Experience of using and developing stable isotope tracer techniques and applying them to mouse metabolic research is desirable but not required.
Principal Investigator: Ina Nemet, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cardiovascular & Metabolic Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Gut microbes
- Cardiometabolic disease
- Analytical chemistry
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/cardiovascular-metabolic/nemet/or contact Ina Nemet at [email protected]
- Project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation
- Preparing, collecting, and maintaining required research project documentation and data
- Leading, assisting, and contributing to the preparation of internal and external presentations, reports, and manuscript publications
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Mass spectrometry
- Untargeted and targeted metabolomics
- Isotope tracer techniques
- Experience with mouse models
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Ina Nemet at [email protected].
- 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Metabolomics, Gut microbes, Cardiovascular disease, Metabolic disease, LC-MS, Chromatography, Mass spectrometry, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Animal models, Small molecules, Germ free animals
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com