Postdoctoral Associate - Radiation Oncology
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7124268 (Ref #: pt100108)
- Posting Date: Feb 10, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Qualifications or Expectations:
- A candidate may also be appointed to a postdoctoral position if the candidate has completed all of the requirements for a degree but the degree has not been formally conferred: in this case, the candidate must present evidence of completion of the degree requirements, together with a statement documenting the date on which the degree is to be conferred. If the degree is not conferred by this projected date, the postdoctoral appointment may be terminated
- Ability to work as a team with senior scientists, graduate students, technicians, medical students, resident physicians
- Candidates with non-US degrees may be required to provide proof of degree equivalency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with cell culture
- Experience with flow cytometry is preferred but not required
- Experience with molecular cloning and CRISPR/Cas9 technology is preferred but not required
- Experience with single cell RNA sequencing is preferred but not required
- Holds a PhD or MD/PhD (or equivalent degree) in biomedical sciences or physics
- Passion for biomedical research and team science
- Track record of scientific productivity (publications)
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of grant applications.
- Compliance with good scholarly and research practice.
- Conformance to standards of responsible conduct in research.
- Design and perform experiments in gene editing, molecular pharmacology, molecular cloning, cell biology and biochemistry.
- Develop and utilize technology for analyzing signal transduction in vitro and in vivo.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain an organized and complete laboratory notebook detailing all experiments in electronic format.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by complying with regulations and following standards and procedures.
- Meet with PI regularly and keep PI informed of all important positive and negative results.
- Organize overall research plan and design, execute, and troubleshoot individual experiments.
- Perform cytotoxicity and clonogenic assays in vitro to evaluate effects of drugs and genetic modifications on radiation sensitivity of cell lines.
- Perform flow cytometry to characterize circulating peripheral blood mononuclear cells and tumor-infiltrating immune cells.
- Perform tumor growth delay and survival experiments in mouse models of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Prepare manuscripts for scientific publication with PI supervision.
- Prepare samples for whole exome sequencing, RNA sequencing, and scRNA sequencing and perform bioinformatics analysis of sequencing data
- Protect lab and organization's value by keeping research information confidential.
- Provide a friendly working environment and be available to teach laboratory techniques and scientific methodology to research technicians and other trainees.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, networking and presenting at local, national and international meetings, and reading current primary literature.
Application Instructions:c/o Joshua Bennis
Visit join.pitt.edu and view requisition number: 23000843
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com