Postdoctoral Fellow – Weifei Zhu Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7122990 (Ref #: ccf17740039)
- Posting Date: Feb 3, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Positions are available at the level of either Postdoctoral Research Fellow and/or Research Associate for investigators with a strong interest in studies exploring new pathways involved in stroke and dementia. The Zhu laboratory uses multidisciplinary approaches to study mechanisms through which gut microbiota contribute to cerebral vascular diseases and related neurodegeneration disorders. Major research programs in the laboratory focus on the interface between gut microbiome, cerebral vascular diseases neuroinflammation, and neurodegeneration diseases.
Principal Investigator: Weifei Zhu, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cardiovascular & Metabolic Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Animal models of Stroke and dementia
- Gut Microbiome
- Behavior studies
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Weifei Zhu at [email protected]
- Project design with the goal of data generation
- Data interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Weifei Zhu at [email protected].
- Complete CV
- List of 3 references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Animal models, Behavior studies, Neuroinflammation, Molecular biology, Assay development
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.